Re: [AMC-list] How Fast Am I Going

" From: Jack Jefferson <pajack1939@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" I have a 1966 Classic with a 232 6 3 speed overdrive. The car came with little E 78 14 tires. I now have 185 78 15 tires installed.
"
" My question is what is my actual horizontal rate of velocity at 60 MPH indicated with the 195s installed?

195s would be a very close match to 6.95x14s of the '60s which i'm
guessing would've been your original tire.  if so i'd expect the
speedo to be accurate.

btw if you have radials, they're happier on wider wheels; hunt up a
set of later amc 14x6" and paint them to match your car.  i'm told not
all take the old rambler hubcaps but all the ones i've found did.  of
course they all take wheelcovers.  you may need a thin - 1/8" or less
- spacer between the front wheels and drums for the rims and tires to
clear your suspension.