Re: [AMC-list] A couple questions.

Yeah, basically you are cutting the manny to resemble the stock 327, leaving the Vally pan, crossover and dist in place. I seem to remember seeing a manny done up back in the day, and he had a weld bead running around the bottom where he cut away meat and sealed up the runners. Now you all got me looking at this dual 4 Manny I have sitting on the shelf. With the head work the guy had done, maybe.....
Mark, come on. That's what this hobby, or lifestyle, is all about. The first guy to hook up a Lincoln tranny to his Ford or drop in a Jag rear end to his Stude, you think he was reinventing the wheel. He was just doing it to see what would happen.
It may or may not improve, but I'm gonna do it "just to see". You may have been one of the few who said the AMC 20 brakes wouldn't fit on my 15, but I wanted to see if they would and they do, I have been running them for about 6 years now.
The cost may be more than the $250 the guy out on the East coast wants for a stock 4V manny, and the performance may not be that much better, but I would rather spend my dough seeing what works and what don't, rather than mail off a check and wait for a bolt-on piece. If there was someone who didn't think these things are gold and was reasonable in their cost, I wouldn't be going this route. The cheapest I have run across a manny is $250. I've seen 2x4 390 mannys go for that amount.
I don't require all out, balls to the wall performance anymore, I have had my day in the sun. I just want good street manners. And as far as that being a wow factor, isn't that what we all want and seek. If not, then take that silly chrome air cleaner off your car (all my cars run that air cleaner, by the way).
Reinventing the wheel? Maybe just rearranging the spokes. I gotta do my thing and my garage is full of things that worked, and things that didn't.....Russ