Re: [AMC-list] A couple questions

The manifold will bolt on, the bolt pattern is the same, but you need to make two 1/2" thick aluminum spacers for each side to make the angles line up properly. The ports are slightly off, but you can use the 1/2" thick aluminum to blend them in pretty good. Use some good RTV between the intake and spacer, gaskets between the spacer and head. Or make a thin gasket instead of just RTV. If you're using the cast iron intake you might want ot use steel for a spacer, if you have it.

----------------
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 18:15:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: russ hathaway<russh97309@xxxxxxxxx>

Also, I have been searching for a 4v manny for my 327 and everyone wants an arm and a leg for one. I matched up a 327 intake gasket and a 360 gasket and they are both really close. I seem to remember hearing at one time that a second gen manifold will fit a 327 with minor alterations. Anyone know for sure? I can get a stock 4V from a 360 for about $10 so I don't mind messing with it for an afternoon to get it to fit......Russ

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"