Re: [AMC-list] d78x14 tire AMC

I had a number of NOS AMC Spacesaver spares that are D78x14....whole rim, tire, valve stem, have slowly sold them off thru years, used to have whole WALL of them, might have a handful left, this was one i tossed onto ebay in April if link still good. NOS setup $99 no bites:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250799725119&viewitem=

as for just the tire, it really depends. If you have just tire and there is no "issues" like weather cracks on side or splits around seam, you have to understand that when you, or someone, goes to mount it, you will probably have problems....especially around seal due to simply age.

However, as someone pointed out, if you are doing a restoration that could b the missing puzzle piece depending on wear. A lot of folks, myself included would trailer the AMC to meets, then once there, jack it up and put on D78x14s or whatever original tire the car came with....and put the Cragars or American Racing tires and rims back in trailer. So for show only, minor driving, nothing more, judges love it.

I had a original good looking Polyglas tire I sold on ebay 2 years ago, it had been demounted and stored since 1984. Looked great and someone paid $210 for it. Might have been that missing piece of puzzle or might have been a expensive door stop when inflated and mounted.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com