To: "AMC List" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2011 7:33 AM
Subject: [AMC-list] Identify 290 flywheel (not flexplate)

I received a question I can't answer! I don't recall how to visually identify a 290 flywheel with no numbers on it. Can anyone help out here?

Would the 290 flywheel have a square weight on the flywheel like the 390 and 360,or does it just have holes drilled in it to balance? Also is one side smooth other than the clutch surface?
I think I found one, but want to be sure.

Wayne  (wdl182-AT-aol.com)

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"