[AMC-list] (no subject)

I picked up a harbor freight $200 special and just used it's tank with my compressor, but now I have a '50s Devilbiss that takes up the box of my Jtruck (shortbed) that holds about 250 or so gallons of air. I sold the Wisconsin that was on it and have a Briggs to take it's place (electric start!) as soon as I do an LPG conversion on the carb.
   It will probably live in the back of the old Datsun pickup I'm making into a trailer.

From: Wrambler
To: amc-list
Cc: Tom Jennings
Subject: [AMC-list] Hot Air, er, compreesed anyway

Soooo,
My 25 year old Craftsman has went thru way more abuse than it was ever intended for.
5-6 years ago it developed a pinhole leak, and I drilled it out and plug welded it.
Search the archives for the stir that caused!!!
All winter it has been gently hissing at me and I have prayed for a loose or rusty fitting.
ALAS, Babylon it is not so, my trusty steed has rusted through in another location.

So, I really, really could use some help in deciding how many dead presidents I need to
cut loose on a replacement. It ticks me off that years ago horizontals were easy to find in
a 30 gallon  size that was not boo-koo cash. Now forget it. Price of anything horizontal puckers my privates like an icey dip in a January river....No, I have not been drinking, (shhhh, maybe a little)....

The problem I have is it currently sits under my electric meter outdoors in a lean to, no way an upright will fit. I have some 40 odd foot of 8/2with ground so I can move it but prefer not to.

Seriously help me make a decision that will handle sandblasting, not be noisy like an oiless etc;

My RM is hurting, but this is a needed evil. There goes the cash for the plasma cutter.

My only remaining RM is to buy a brand spanking new 100lb propane tank $90 at Lowes, mount it upside down in the mid point of my system so it can be drained and used as storage...

Again, with a new tank is this safe?

It would be easier, but I cut loose of $3K of my hard earned car/personal savings to put my son in his 2002 Nissa Sentra SER, which I do not regret, but makes cash a little short for now.

Thoughts, flames etc; what would you guys do. I have access to about $1300 quick, more will take cashing in some bonds.

I'd even consider a 30 gallon tank replacement if possible and feasible (shiping usually kills any advantage. An oiless craftsman 30 gallon is about $30 more and I could swap my stuff onto that tank and configure the oiless as additional cfm for blasting.