Re: [AMC-list] '64 American Q

There are a number of export parts that do not fit. The shop that redid mine last year got sent a bunch of them and they didn't work. I don't remember which parts specifically but I remember getting a call from the tranny shop letting me know about delays from wrong parts being sent (they noticed them at the end of the day on a Friday, and I was supposed to get the car back the next day). Other than that, they didn't have any problems getting parts. The only thing they really had problems with was the pin that holds the shift lever in the case. It was seized to the case and they said it took a whole day to get it out.

Matt

On 4/15/2011 11:15 PM, Sandwich Maker spouted this sage advice:
" From: Joe Fulton<piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" It's a BorgWarner T-35 transmission.

just to be clear - it's the aluminum warner, used in variations behind
i6s and 2bbl 290s and 304s up to '71.  often thought to be a 2sp as it
has d2 and d1 detents [p-r-n-d2-d1-l; d2 starts in 2nd], but it has 3
speeds.

" Parts are available from Northwest Transmisson parts.

export version bw35 spawned a whole series widely used in europe up
through the '70s and '80s by brands like bmw, jaguar, and volvo;
possible toyota used a version built by aisin warner.  might find
parts and svc that way too.