Re: [AMC-list] Hemmings Find of the Day - 1972 AMC AMX / wheels

Re: [AMC-list] Hemmings Find of the Day - 1972 AMC AMX / wheels

Ahh, ok so possibly early '72 Javs ( which I have seen an owner discuss
before in that he said his Javelin that he did NOT buy new, nonetheless had
what appeared to be original equipment Machine wheels on it. I believe he
also confirmed the date codes on the wheels over-lapped the time period when
the car was new. That is to say, around the build date of the car. OTOH they
could have been dealer specials installed after ordering from the parts
department or they were trade wheels or left-over from another order. Who
knows?
  My quess in answering the poster's question was he wanted to know how long
one could have ordered the wheels as a new car option. You have answered
that question. Thank you.

Steve