Re: [AMC-list] Rear Disks on a '68 Rebel SST

I happen to have a pair of rear caliper cores for '82 to '88 Camaro or Firebird I'm going to post on CL.
They are about $80 apiece as cores but I figure I'll get $50 for them (bought them for the Spirit before I decided to make it into an Eagle)

From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Rear Disks on a '68 Rebel SST

There are several rotors with the 5x4.5" pattern on them. 90s-00s Ford
Crown Vic w/rear disc, Jeep XJ/MJ (Cherokee/Commanche) 4x4 front,
90s-00s Ford Mustang w/rear disc, and Ford Explorer w/rear disc come to
mind. The offset will be different for each though, that is the key
here! If you just want rear discs order a basic kit from Speedway
(www.speedwaymotors.com). They have weld-on mounts. Cut the drum backing
plates down to just fit the ends of the axles and weld on the caliper
mounts -- mount the rotor and fit the caliper with the bracket attached
to locate where to weld. Then get standard GM front rotors. If a park
brake is desired get the GM rotors with park brake. The only catch with
those is that you must use the park brake regularly to keep them
adjusted. You may be able to measure the axle offset and mod a set with
the mini drum in the rotor from a 9" Ford to fit the AMC 20 axle --
offset is nearly the same. Speedway has a file with most of the
measurements in it, bolt pattern and off set.

--
Frank Swygert