Re: [AMC-list] more on the rear disc brake swap

Re: [AMC-list] more on the rear disc brake swap

Been a lot of replies on this...
My 2 cents as I have not seen it mentioned.
IIRC while researching I found that a Chrysler (Sebring maybe?) around 98 has a smallish FRONT rotor, vented with 5 on 4.5" pattern.
   I bought a pair of 2005 Mustang rear calipers, they have the cadillac style ebrake in the caliper and are designed to sit over a vented rotor, again IIRC. They were takeoffs from one of the upgrade companies, cost me like $40 for the pair.

It's been a while since I mapped this out.
I intend on putting all this stuff on a Ranger 8.8, but it should also fit the AMC 15 and 20 axles with the correct bracket.
  To make a bracket, use cardboard, the heavy stuff, clamp the caliper rotor assembly firmly then work out your bracket. Cut it out in MDF, make sure it fits, then go get the brackets made up at a quality metal shop with waterjet or plasma cutter.
   If you have a plasma cutter you can even make the pattern in mdf to allow for the head with of the plasma and cut them out yourself. 1/4 steel is good, 3/8" gives you a little extra comfort zone. you can make them bolt on or weld on, depending on how you want to go.

   Any of the 05 up Mustang rear discs should be swappable with the same ideas.
Watch for rotor size as you can quickly get to large for 14 or 15" wheels.

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
"I realize that death is inevitable.