Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2011 1:50 AM
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Pacer in CO Springs /pacer motor mounts oddities

Seems like an odd thing for AMC to do - have a special block for one model.

Ken

Quoting Eddie Stakes <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Glen Hoag mentioned of the Pacer in CO here:

http://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/2234564950.html

"I'm fairly certain that the 1974 and earlier blocks will not fit the Pacer.
Attachment
points for the motor mount brackets to the block may also have changed."

I had hell of a time finding a Pacer six years ago for my custom woodie
wagon, I could get
regular old 232 and 258 at pick a parts for $89 whole engine, but none of
them would fit
as the motor mounts were totally different for Pacer. So had to find a Pacer
cannibalize for drivetrain. A 258 is a 258 and 232 is 232 until it is in a
Pacer, they sat
in at odd angle, was not motor mounts, was the actual block mounting was
different. So
bought whole Pacer and pulled drivetrain for my woodie wagon

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/stuff/pacer-commercial.htm

and parted out rest years ago.

Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825