------------
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 22:50:46 -0800 (PST)
From: d stohler<das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>

in my mind, yes its an act of sacralige. (spelling is probably jacked up.)
a ford engine in a '79 spirit? to go drag racing? well, guess what friends...
im about to commit this act. ya, its all wrong in my mind, but, i have a car,
i have an engine. i have a guy who is going to work with me on getting an
amc 360 and an auto trans, but they need work. my frod 400/c6 are working
right now. i have all the goodies for the frod 400, and a strip shift kit
for the c6 from my last drag car build. (car got to rusty to run anymore)
all kinds of parts i bought for it and saved from when i crushed it. im
going to run this frodulant power for now, till i have the 360 and the auto
trans built, and ready to go.  all i have to do is get a rear sump oil pan/pickup,
and build motor mounts to mount to the factory perches. finding the oil pan/pickup
is tough. but cheaper, easier than rebuilding the amc engine/trans to get going.
im a bad man, i know, but its only for a short while.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"