Re: [AMC-list] 3rd Project, Has a torque tube

Re: [AMC-list] 3rd Project, Has a torque tube

" From: Bruce Griffis <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>
"
"
" We aren't ready for another project, but have decided to
" keep our 330 period correct (not original, but at least running and
" driving and looking and sounding like a '65 American). If we decide to
" do a resto-mod or go with front engine, rear wheel drive, V8 and
" manual transmission - it would be in an AMC product that is not so
" original looking.

have you thought of a jeep 4.0?  blocks up to at least the '99/'00
redesign still have all the old 199/232/258 motor mounts, though one
is tapped metric for the '87-'90 knock sensor.  [they also have the
eagle front-diff mounts, $DEITIES know why]  also changed in the
'99/'00 redesign was the oil filter pad, from angled down as on the
earlier engines to flat against the block.

you don't have to leave it stock, either...