Re: [AMC-list] When replacing door and trunk gaskets, ...

Re: [AMC-list] When replacing door and trunk gaskets, ...

He has his daily driver taken care of. Works in the parts department
at at dealership. Decided he wanted a Civic. Spent a few hours
bargaining price, and simply marched out the door when they can back
with interest rates. Knew darn well what they were and what they
should be. Didn't buy the car at the place he works - they carry a
different brand, Wandered over to a different dealer with a different
product line.

Refused all calls for 48 hours, then told them they had to work on the
interest rate. The dealership dropped the rate down by another 5.1% to
a really good rate. He then told then he was offended they put him
through that, and would not take the car until they knocked another 1K
off the price, after already knocking a lot off. I guess the
dealership had to make their sales quota for the month, as he got an
'11 Civic that is really sweet at a great price and interest rate.

Me - would have been a sucker on both the price and the interest rate.
It was interesting to see.