Re: [AMC-list] what did you do (ring and pinion setting)

Re: [AMC-list] what did you do (ring and pinion setting)

If its the same as a Jeep 35 pinion. I set those without the crush sleeve in place.
Once I get the pattern right I pull it apart and then install the sleeve and torque to spec.

Double checking the pattern as I go. I take my time and do not get in a hurry.
The other guys in the shop where i worked under teams got ticked. But I'd rather lose
money on time than do it the second time for nothing.

If your going to do it correctly you do need a Beam/Arm style inch lb torque wrench. Click wrench would be
very hard to get the preload correct.

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5