Re: [AMC-list] Chevy power steering ump conversion

I wonder if the mounts for the Jeep 4.0L PS set up could work? It would move the pump back closer to the block.

From: "Armand Eshleman" <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Chevy power steering ump conversion

Eaton power steering pump rebuild kits are available from NAPA. I just
rebuilt two of them last summer. Great kits, extra pieces in the kit too for
several versions I suppose.

If you decide to change to the GM style pump, if I remember correctly,
you'll need to get a different water pump, with the later offset on the
snout. All the asociated pulleys too and the alternator will be different
too, because everything on the GM style pump moves the pulleys out further I
think. Some one jump in here and help please.

Armand