Re: [AMC-list] PIE IN THE SKY

Davis Martin wrote:

>Everyone sees things diferently.

Sure.  Just as when someone publicly asks for $XXXXX.XX for a $500 pig in a poke, well, it's a free country (OK, well, kinda, these days) and anyone is therfore free to ridicule such folly.

>I bet most would have said a 74 Gremlin would
>never sell for 15K A 6 cyl car even! But it did.

Wonderful.  There must have been something special about the car.  I'd love to see photos and an official auction result.

I've seen dozens of very cherry Gremlins cross the block for a couple thousand, or less.  Just as Old Cars Weekly http://www.oldcarsweekly.com/oldcarspriceguide/ is free to post values based on recent auction results, others are also free to offer opinions on value (or lack thereof).

>Its all in the deal between 2 people.? Just because its not what you
>think it should be doesnt mean its not.?

I look at it this way: No one is "entitled" to get what *he* thinks his item is worth on the market, because he doesn't **own** other people's opinions about what he owns.  Things are only worth what the market -- a collection of individuals -- says they are worth.  Other individuals are free to express their opinions, and if the buyer does appropriate research on the value of what he's considering buying, he should have access to all the opinions he wants.

If that saves someone from paying way too much for something, too bad.

Censorship doesn't help anyone.

-- Marc