-------------
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 01:07:06 +0000 (UTC)
From: Wrambler<wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx>

ah, wheres our sense of adventure gone.
The days when we tossed the book and just did it.

That's the story I remember most, guy took a 258 engine trans. and transfer case.
He lined it up to the cross member out back, bolted on the shafts and hit the road.

He used hood pins. (frank: and removed the hood latch assembly to gain another inch or so in front of the engine so the 4.0L would fit in a pre 87 Commanche).

Kind of funny how things work out when no one told you it would not work.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"