Re: [AMC-list] 86 camanche info

While I cannot claim to be an originator of this way of doing things, I have done my fair share of swaps without buying adapters.

AMC 232 and 904 from a '75 Pacer in a '76 Chev Van to replace a 305 (ran better too!)

Mazda Cosmo engine in an RX2 body with twin turbos (one of my first!)

GM 327 in place of a 194 in a '66 Nova without buying any adapters or the proper motor mounts.

348 in place of a 261 in a '55 Pontiac with a Saginaw 4 speed to back it.(did the 4 speed on the column)

7.3 diesel in place of a 460 in an Econoline (NEVER again! Took me two weeks day in/day out!)

4.0L in a J10 with AW4 and NV241 Rock Lock (that was easy except the Grand Cherokee wiring never worked right and the power brake booster needed swapping to GM Hydroboost to fit)

Datsun 510 L20 in place of an A14 in a '74 B210 fastback.

Converted an '83 Citation to V8 RWD. (took a bit of welding for that!)

351M in an '80 Bobcat hatchback.

Chev 283 in place of a Flathead Ford in a lumber carrier. (that thing could do the quarter in 55 seconds after that! LOL!) Funny part was it originally was pushed around by hand and we made it motorized!