Re: [AMC-list] Hmmmm, 232's and whatnot

" From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
"
" Ford used a T-86 in their late 60s cars with OD (the old BW OD). I
" don't know if the Ford trans had the same pattern or Ford made a
" special bell for the T-86/OD trans.

afaik it had the same pattern as the jeep t86, though different input
shaft; afaik this is what kicked off the engine-swap adapter business
in the early '60s - repowering underpowered jeep wagons with 289s,
easy to do with ford bellhousing and 'frankentranny'.  and then
trans-dapt was born...

" According to Modern Driveline the Falcon didn't use a T-96. It used a
" small Ford three speed trans that is similar in size to the T-96.

it suuure looks an awful lot -like- a t96...