Re: [AMC-list] 86 camanche info

Dave, this 2.8 v6 is a GM Chevy engine that is no longer available. The
replacement is the GM 3.4 you can find in many of salvage yard's any were. A
4.0 came out in 1987, I have one in both my '87 and '92 Comanche's. You'd
have to change out the wiring on the '86 to put a AMC/JEEP 4.0 in it...but
remember to the wiring is from 1987 to 1990 for an AMC set up and 1991 and
up for Chrysler set up.