Re: [AMC-list] 86 camanche info

With an 86 and knowing how you like to operate. Your best bet is a
258 or 4.0L backed up by an aw4. transfer case and all.

There have been nay sayers that the 86 firewall is different, but there are also reports of people who did not get that info and have done the swap.

An Eagle or newer Jeep makes a good swap. the just placed the transfer case were it should be and went from there.

One caveat is you will need to loose the central hood latch. Most guys just go to hood pins. Some change the core support and hood.

A lot depends on what you want. the 2.8 has a reputation as a woof-woof engine, but in good working order it will do a fair job.

The trans in there is a unique chrysler 904 with a Chevy 60* bell pattern. You are limited to 60 degree V6's or the AMC4

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
"I realize that death is inevitable.