----------
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 15:15:29 -0500 (EST)
From:adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  (Sandwich Maker)

" And the 232 was an option in '65 (my year car) - so could look pretty
" appropriate, especially if it bolts up to the T96.

it does.  the only common '60s i6 bell has the t96/t14 pattern, and
there are t14 and multipattern late bells.

iirc in '65 232s only had autos, but t96 was std '66-7 and t14 '68-9.
also - you may think you're happy with your t96, but if you do much
stop-and-go, once you put a t14 in you'll wonder what took you so
long...

" (although a 304 and 5 speed stick might be seriously cool!)

no reason you couldn't have a 232 and 5sp!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"