Re: [AMC-list] Differential number

'technically' only 3.08 is correct. The 6923 is more than half so only rounding
up should work. : )
 I've been using a 2.53:1 model 15 in my 304 Spirit (mid 16s, 82 mph, 2nd gear)
and it is still good. A 3.08 would put 21+ % more torque to the hub but I keep
the tire size down to allow spinnage before parts start to give out. Even my 401
80 AMX has the 2.53 open rear (mid 15s, 92 mph) and it's still OK too though it
has fewer runs than the 304 car.

Ken