[AMC-list] Rocker Redo

      i'm sprucing up my rocker panel covers,  '68 AMX, at least that's
what i think they are called.  they go below the doors over the...
rocker panels.

     anyway, any advice would be welcome such as

what color black to paint the stripes?   semi-gloss blck?

any treatment for pre-painting?  so the paint adheres ok and stays?

any other shining up tips?   looks like they are steel?

they are off the car, so easier to work worth.

--  carl