[AMC-list] RE; not happy aamco person

Severely shortened story ... Years ago I took my van to the local chain transmission shop. Needed fluid change/filter and the linkage tweaked as it didn't want to shift unless the handle was moved to the exact right spot. Could of done it myself, didn't want to fool with it at the time. Later I got a call that my tranny had been "inspected" and needed a more serious repair for $1800.  I said "Fine, how much are you charging for the inspection and I will pick it up a 4pm." -- "Well you can't pick it up, the transmission's been pulled." -- "Really, because I didn't sign any thing or give you authorization to take any thing apart. You had written instructions to change the fluid and check the linkage. I want my van back together as I left it and I will pick it up at 4pm." -- Mild confrontation with the manager followed. After he realized I might know what I was talking about and I wasn't kidding about causing him major inconvenience for lying about my tranny, the correctly finis
 hed job strangely went from $1800 to below $300 and was ready first thing the next morning. Hmm, imagine that. Troy