Re: [AMC-list] What Did You Do on Your AMC this weekend?

Re: [AMC-list] What Did You Do on Your AMC this weekend?

I believe the phrase is "I see DEAD people"....

I have worn a belt since about 1987.
I saw a ford escort hit a inside curved section of guide(guard?)rail.
The escort very smoothly hooked the right front and did a very nice 360* spin.
minimal damage, drive the car away before the cops catch you kind of thing.
Right beside the Escort was a white sheet covering a body.
The feet were exposed, One foot pointed skyward, one pointed straight down into the ground.
I do believe the term is D.O.S. or dead at site, but anyways, dead as a friggin doornail.
The velocity of the spin had very neatly tossed him out the window breaking his neck and various other parts.

I looked at my wife, she looked at me.
We both reached down pulled up the seat belts and "click" ever since.

Not sure why anyone would actually brag about not wearing a belt.
The trapped in the wreck and other stories are far less likely
to happen than sucking on the steering wheel and some nice tasty windshield glass.

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
"I realize that death is inevitable.