Re: [AMC-list] Local jaunt time

Paved rail trail? I'm a huge fan of rail trails. What's your local
trail name? I'll check the rails to trails site to see if I can find
pictures. Locally, I really like the Silver Comet Trail and the Chief
Ladiga Trail. I'll be checking for bike racks that fit on trailer
hitches (ball mount, though - as I don't have a hitch receiver). I
like riding, but don't like strapping a bike rack to the trunk of my
car.

You can put in a lot of worry-free miles on a paved rail trail. Don't
know if I can, as I don't like to leave my wife home alone for
extended periods of time - but I had thought it would be really great
to combine cruising, camping and biking. Drive out to various rail
trails. Put up the popup at the nearest campground. Hop on the bike
and peddle the trail.

I'm planning on doing that locally. Drive to Rockmart in the Rambler.
Put up the '66 Apache at the campground. Then hit the trail on my '72
Schwinn.