Re: [AMC-list] Too Much Oil

I dunno, on this engine I think the "excess" oil is fine. Mine was a '65
block and timed cam as Frank described, but my new cam was a non-timed-oil
type so I plumbed full flow from the gallery to the head. No bypass filter
nonsense either (full flow).

But mine too leaked out the back of the valve cover. I did two things. One,
add this kludgey-looking fix

http://www.wps.com/AMC/195.6OHV/Valve%20cover/index.html

<http://www.wps.com/AMC/195.6OHV/Valve%20cover/index.html>the problem is
that since the engine is canted back at 10 degrees or whatever oil pours
right onto the back of the valve cover. The kludge above stops that.

THe second thing I did was get it as oil-free as I could and put a wet bead
of Right Stuff onto the casting, then simply set the valve cover on as
usual. It basically doesn't leak any more.

I'm using an old sort-of-stiff gasket too (I really should buy a repro).