Re: [AMC-list] gas tanks

Thanks to all who responded about gas tanks,

as I stated I'm not touching the inside, other than to get the remainder of
the fuel out and double check the crud levels. I anticipate a good result on
this action. I intend to go through the fuel level sending device access to
get that last of the fuel out and check inside with a flashlight for any
crud. I'll need a new gasket for that, but have confidence that is easy to
find even locally.

I believe I'll get the little bit of corrosion off the outside using
chemicals (phospour based stuff) and then coat the exposed metal on the
exterior of the tank with cold galvanizing. I'm planning on using hydroseal
(which is a rubbery product) (with self adhesive properties used for
waterproofing basement walls) between the body/tank and tank/straps.

Good advice from you guys again, thanks much,

Armand