[AMC-list] Electrical Problems

Well the Javelin has been running beautifully for several years until
now. I replaced the battery (which was seven years old) and was failing.
But there's something else wrong or failing in the electrical system.
When I have the headlights on (which has only been recently due to the
switch to standard time) the blinkers don't work. If the lights are off
the blinkers work but slower than normal. The alternator light which
usually has a slight glow to it is not lighting at all. The Sony stereo
shuts off when the lights are on and I hit the blinker.
The whole system seems weak. Could this be the alternator going out or
the voltage regulator or what?
I'm no expert on car electronics, so any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Neil Shaw

'72 Javelin SST w/304 auto.