[AMC-list] It's loud but ALIVE

I got the rebuilt water pump in it this morining.  It was an A-1 Cardone unit
and it came with the gasket a couple of studs and the hose fitting for the
heater line as well as the little L-shape hose for that line.

I discovered yesterday that one of my spare 195.6 water pumps has a much longer
shaft.  It must have come from a 64 Classic that a parted out a couple of years
ago.  I'll send the old American pump off to be rebuilt and keep in the the
trunk of the car for a spare.

Finally, after working over a year and a half (rebuilding the engine, painting,
cleaning, swapping out the transmission) I got the Rambler around the block
today. It's licensed and insured too, now.   It still need exhaust and I might
call our discount tire/exhaust place to see if they can put one on today.
Otherwise it will be next Saturday.    The car seems to shift OK.  I didn't go
beyond 30 mph and I haven't done anything sophisticated to the tranny except
change the front and rear seals and clean out the pan.  I will check the
operating pressure in the coming days.   It's loud though when you get on the
gas.  No muffler yet.

I did check the tune up today and advanced the timing to 8 deg. BTDC.    I
replaced the mixture needle in the carb and now I do get a change in the idle
when I turn it down to almost closed.    My reproduction headliner is heavy
vinyl installed years ago with the repro interior and it sags down on my head so
I'll have to come up with a fix for that.  The rear speaker for the radios need
to be connected.  I may change out the instrument cluster.  The vacuum wipers
are dead in spite of the fact that I had the wiper motor professionally rebult.
I think it's a hose routing issue though.  The temp gauge doesn't work.  I'll be
debugging the car over the next couple of weeks.

Joe Fulton