Re: [AMC-list] Oil pressure

Don't pull the engine until you know where the problem is.
Like was posted earlier could be the relief spring,
could be the clearances on the pump are off.
Another simple thing to check is the gauge, I've had gauges suddenly begin
reading incorrectly and
when replaced things were back to normal.
Before removing the engine remove the oil filter cut it open and check for
metal in the filter.
For a basis as to where the pressure should be, I can only give you the
readings from the white Javelin.
Engine never out of car, only engine service done was grind the valves/seats
and reinstall. 130,000 miles.
The engine in the white Javelin produces about 45 psi cold idle, 21 psi hot
idle at 600 rpm.
55 to 60 psio at 2000 rpm hot.

Armand