From: Don <don_nsx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: AMC List <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, November 13, 2010 3:51:18 PM
Subject: [AMC-list] Oil pressure

I recently had a rebuild done on a 70 390 engine.  What oil pressure should I be
getting at idle?  I am afraid I may end up pulling this engine back out.

Jim

Jim,
Don’t pull the engine until you check the oil pressure relief spring system.
If the relief spring is too weak or installed wrong, it may be bypassing most of
the pumps output.
Don