Re: [AMC-list] AMC acquired Jeep in 1970.

Re: [AMC-list] AMC acquired Jeep in 1970.

I pulled my copy of "The Story of Jeep" out by Pat Foster. He's pretty meticulous about combing official records.

He states that AMC announced an agreement to purchase Kaiser Jeep in the 1969 Annual Report. The annual stockholders meeting was held in February 1970, and stockholders had to approve the purchase then. So both sources are correct -- the final details of the deal to purchase Jeep was arranged in January, but it wasn't approved by stockholders until the annual meeting in February. The deal totaled approximately $70 million.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"