Re: [AMC-list] AMC acquired Jeep in 1970.

Re: [AMC-list] AMC acquired Jeep in 1970.

" From: Greg Taylor <amundaza@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" Hummer H2 & H3 were GM ...

i knew that; basically badge-engineered gmc suv platforms.

" AM General retained the military Humvee.

knew that too - they were always made in s. bend.  but i thought mil
production ended some years ago.  apparently only the civilian h1
ended.

btw, the comparo pg at
http://www.amgeneral.com/vehicles/hummer/compare.php
is a real hoot!

" While I
" don't know what has currently happened with AM General (their headquarters is
" still 30 min away), I was working on components for the 2nd gen military Humvee,
" back in April 2009, before my employer went under.  I think it was called the
" ECTV2 or something like that.

that's interesting to know.  the am general pg seems to show active
support and development for the gm 6.5 diesel they were given a decade
ago; they've got it up to 350 hp...

" From: Sandwich Maker <adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" i guess with the termination of hummer, the s. bend stude truck plant
" is gone?  the military had already moved on from the very-long-running
" 2.5t and 5t trucks.  or is there still sufficient military business
" supporting the hmmwv?