Re: [AMC-list] AMC acquired Jeep in 1970.

Re: [AMC-list] AMC acquired Jeep in 1970.

" From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
"
" OK, I guess I may have been wrong on the takeover date, but the 258 came in '71 didn't it?

spot on; that year amc raised the deck and the 199/232 became the
232/258, still with small bell.

jeep was forever ignoring model years and doing changes whenever they
felt like it.

i guess with the termination of hummer, the s. bend stude truck plant
is gone?  the military had already moved on from the very-long-running
2.5t and 5t trucks.  or is there still sufficient military business
supporting the hmmwv?