Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 20:49:31 -0800 (PST)
From: Joe Fulton <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AMC-list] What did you do on your AMC this Weekend?

Ok, I'll go first.  The original intent was to put the rebuilt water
pump on my 65 Rambler (A-1 Cardone rebuild from Rockauto).   I needed to
paint it Lancelot Turquoise first to match the engine.  Mixed up the
paint on Saturday, painted it.  Mixed up too much paint and I didn't
want to waste it (Rambler mentality).   I have a 64 Classic in the
garage which it so happens had Lancelot turquoise interior trim.  I
sanded, masked and painted the upper metal on the doors and I still had
paint left over.  So I hauled out the spare tire (which also was
Lancelot turquoise and masked and painted that wheel. I finally threw
away a small amount of paint. That and reading an old issue of Hemmings
Classic Car took most of the afternoon, but I did drain the radiator and
pull the fan, hoses and belt off the Rambler in preparation for the pump
change today. I also have been bead blasting accesory brackets for the
232 engine mentioned below and painting them gloss black.

Today it rained.  The car is outside so I was outa luck.  I did degrease
the rebuilt 232 that is targeted for my Gremlin in a few weeks and
painted it with the post-1974 or so AMC non-metallic blue.   Joe Fulton