Re: [AMC-list] 75 Matador 6-cylinder

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Sandwich Maker <adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> not by much if they are.  book value for a '66 2dr 220 is 2625lbs; a

'68 is more like 2800, with the redesigned firewall and
> reinforcements.  iirc a '65 with 196 is 2640 - that tells me the old
> iron lump weighs -more- [slightly] than the 199/232/258 that replaced
> it.

That does make sense. I've been assuming from seat of the pants and a
friend's software calcs based upon specs (very, very nice software) that the
63 hardtop 440 is about 2600 lbs.

BTW, I didn't mean to imply I drive this thing at 4000 rpm very often, not
that it matters here. 95% of the time driving is 1200 - 2400 max, it loves
to run 1800 - 2200. It *is* a 195.6!