[AMC-list] Joe's Rambler Days got me messing with my Rambler

[AMC-list] Joe's Rambler Days got me messing with my Rambler

Car was taking a few extra twists of the key to start, and was
starting to lose just a little bit of get up and go when I hit the
accelerator (not that a 195.6 with a 1 barrel carb has a lot of get up
and go to lose!). Pulled the sparkies and cleaned them. Re-torqued the
head (it's been a year to a year and a half). Checked the timing,
messed with the idle with timing light/tachometer. Planning on
checking the valves today. It was just fun messing with the car. I
think I have too many hobbies going on, and it might be time to
concentrate on the Rambler again. It was fun noticing a slight
problem, and knowing how to fix it from previous e-mail discussions,
then going out and doing so. Celebrated with a bottle of home-made
hard cider. Well, I guess that's not a bad hobby, either.