Re: [AMC-list] 68 Voltage Regulator

          hey keith,  well who is going to know?    heheh,  i recently had
my Alt rebuilt,  that  warranty said void if volt reg is at fault.

i did the same thing you did, from waaay back in my work at
an auto parts warehouse days, we replaced everything cause
it was cheap and easy.  so i thought it'd be $20 or so,  well
as you noticed they are $50-60.    i checked out the reg
as much as possible. a friend offered to rebuild it, but
since they are stamped out, not much to do there.

so in the end, not replaced and all is well.

--carl

So I had to put in a new alternator in my 68 AMX and the sticker on
the side of the new alternator said I should replace my voltage
regulator at the same time. Is this something I NEED to do or can I
have my regulator checked to see if it is working properly be for I
drop $50 to get a new one if I don't need it?

Thanks Keith