[AMC-list] Pushing a C-clip

I'm trying to get the rear u-joint back in the Rambler and pushing the internal c-clips onto the u-joint caps is proving to be a hassle while lying under the car with the u-joint hanging loose.  I know I'll get it eventually but just wondered if anyone who has done this before has a suggestion for a pusher tool other than the big screwdriver I'm using.  I did the same thing on my 66 Rambler years ago and I forgot if I just kept trying with a screwdriver or if I got a brainstorm involving some other tool.  I thought maybe I'd get out Mr. Dremel and carve an arc in a heavy putty knife.

Joe Fultion