[AMC-list] I'm back

well i didn't leave, just a portion of my brain. i hope it grows back. just
finished a hell project (the 'wilderness machine' for the band arcade fire's
'google project', www.thewildernessdowntown.com), it installed last friday.
i was working on it 12 - 14 hours/day for 10 weeks. plus two jobs. not much
documentation on it yet, though i have a bunch of photos and video. it's
made to look like a 50's, 60's machine made by a crackpot engineer (no
comments please), found and recovered decades later. steel and software.

didn't do squat on ramblers the whole time; i tightened a cap screw on the
oil pump cover (small seep?) and checked the fluids. drove them.

i missed burning man, the socal tt (ouch, that hurt) a passle of other
events.

i must be ill, i'm collecting the parts to build another 195.6 ohv. got a
set of new .060 over pistons on epay for cheep. my current motor is great,
very fast, mileage is averaging town+highway 22, revs to 4500 happily. will
install the edis ignition soon, now that i have a life again. i can hear
timing jitter in the crappy distributor. maybe i will turbocharge it this
spring too. i wish i'd carved 10 lbs off the flywheel when i was last in
there.

i'm telling ya, the weber 32/36 carb is a fantastic match to amc sixes, and
especially the 195.6. if you're allergic to finely made italian hardware,
your loss. get the jeep "yf" adapter kit.

checked cyl head torque at over 5000 miles -- all tight, all equal. the head
studs and cooling fixes --->work<---

i wore out all my files making that damned machine, but now i can afford to
buy new ones. but i now own a plasma cutter, sure to enhance project
building, including maybe channelling the 'spare' 61 american into a hotrod.
gonna make swaybar mounts for the american too. woo woo!

i'm probably not going to acquire any new cars at this time; i will just
spend what it takes to make the 63 classic wagon reliable again.

ps: i'm sick of capital letters