Re: [AMC-list] Truck arms

Frank, think these will work?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150498887318

They have the mono ball ends, so I may have to swap those at some point.
I plan on going with them as a monoball setup is about $30 to replace the missing one.
The Arca and the Nascar arms are the lightened versions now selling for big bucks
on stockcar parts.com.

I have been watching arms now and again and I am not certain what possessed the
seller to lower the price on what was already a good buy it now.

They actually make and sell 45 or 46" arms now. It appears that some use the short arm
on one side and the long on the other. I believe this pivots the rear axle ever so slightly
on the circle tracks and helps cornering.

Yeah, I am onto the crossmembers too.
Hotrodstohell and I believe Classicone (something close to that name) anyway.
They both sell prefabbed crossmembers. I expect that once I get some dimensions on
the Ambassadors frame width I will call and figure out which crossmember to go with.

I hope to mock up the lay out with the existing rear.
I think I can pull it off with removing the angle braces and torque tube. But I need
to figure out an antiroll means to keep the axle from rolling once the tube and braces are gone.
Propably tack weld in some braces. Then bolt on the Truck arms to the housing and lay out
the crossmember placement.

Once the cross member is laid out and in it should be a pretty straightforward swap to an open driveline axle.
Still pondering what that may be.
  Once I get an accurate idea of axle width I will probably hit the one
pathetic pick ur own part yard we have here.

  Since I want to not fool around to much with trans setups, it will not have an O/D.
I expect to stick to around a 2.79-3:08 or so gear.

  I wish I had the floor pan from my parts car to flip and work from.
But I hacked the floors out of it a long time ago, so that option was
long gone before I sent it to the scrapyard.

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
"I realize that death is inevitable.