[AMC-list] It's been a tiring weekend but productive I hope

[AMC-list] It's been a tiring weekend but productive I hope

I got the cleaned up and resealed transmission mounted back in the 65 American.  I had the usual fight with the bellhousing bolts.  I just turned 64 and realize I'm not as limber as I used to be.  I almost bought a transmission jack but decided to try one more transmssion balanced on my floor jack.  It worked but if I ever handle an iron case Borg Warner I'm going to need a tranny jack.

Mounting the starter motor to an OHV 196 with everthing else in place is also not fun.  Heavy and awkward.   I made a new bushing where the automatic shifter rod connects to the manual shift lever on the transmission.  The old one was coming apart due to being oil soaked for years.   I made it out of a modern shock absorber bushing and it works pretty well.   I still have to remount the driveshaft, maybe this evening or tomorrow after work, conect the exhaust and add fluid to the tranny.  It's a used tranny so I have my fingers crossed

I will post some pics later this week.

Joe Fulton