From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, September 30, 2010 3:32:58 PM
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] who really cares stupid pie in the sky your opinion vs
fact (DO NOT REPLY)

Okay, let's not get carried away here! I started to send Donald a personal
reply,but knew some might take his message personally and reply back, so decided
to reply here. NO MORE REPLYS TO THIS MESSAGE. If you want to reply send ME, the
moderator, an e-mail (farnaATatt.net).

Donald DOES bring up some valid points. I'm glad he stated his opinion. This is
an AMC List and generally is for AMC knowledge. It is also a group of general
AMC/collector/old car nuts and occasionally we get off topic. If it goes for
more than a few days I'll put a stop to it, but most of the time it simply dies
of it's own accord.

Are the "pie in the sky" posts real informative? Maybe not, but they are AMC
related and entertaining at the worst. Unless they start to take over the list
by becoming to prevalent I see no problem with them and will allow them.

The list comes in two forms: individual e-mails or a digest. In either the
subject lines can be screened. Simply skip over something that is of no
interest. It's near impossible to enforce a strict topic policy, and it would
make the list a bit "drier" too. Nothing wrong with a little fun every now and
then!

Those "pie in the sky" posts do serve a purpose -- they educate both buyers and
sellers. Some of us may not think the price is too much at all, some will think
it ludicrous. It's just an opinion, as Donald pointed out. The worst thing these
are doing is spreading the ad around a bit. Sometimes someone will call and make
a more reasonable offer and get it, or let the seller know they are too high.
That last part can be tricky -- As Donald pointed out, what you ask for
something is your business, and someone may think you're just trying to rob
them. I wouldn't call or write unless I was interested in making an offer, even
if it was way lower than the asking price. Some get offended by that also,
especially if convinced they're sitting on rusty gold!

-------------

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 06:36:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: donald holzer<holzerhomerepair@xxxxxxxxx>

I thought the hole purpose of the AMC list was to communicate about repair
issues parts avaliable items for sale between list members not for some knuckle
head to search or look on Craigs list each and every day to see who is selling
reasonable in your eyes on not reasonable in your opinion who really cares what
people ask for there junk if it sells it sells if not it does not sell then let
it go. It serves no purpose it does not help to give your opinion on what you
think especially when no one person asked, I am a member of the list to gain
knowledge not to hear others give there 2 cents worth of what they THINK is
reasonable, Remember when you own it, it is worth all the money in the world and
when you sell it every 1 who wants it devalues what you have and thinks like AMC
mentality they tell you what it is worth. Bottom line if you live on the East
coast who cares what a guy in California sells his heap for if he can sell it
good for him. Don't worry about the hobby it will take care of it self.

-- Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"
Magazine (AMC)
For all AMC enthusiasts