Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 00:17:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AMC-list] it RUNS!!

was workin on the 82 eagle today. had to take the dizzy out of the 79
 spirit and put in the eagle. do some vacume line plugging. got it to
 ALMOST run. had to do the 45 mile trip to town to get a hand full of
 parts. got home, tinkered little more (carb rebuild mainly) set the dizzy
 correctly because someone before me had it WAY out of wack. well, after
 about 1 hour of messing with timing, i finally got it to run. wont idle
 still. i think its got a bad vacume leak somewhere. no knocks or bad
 noises. will only run above 1000 rpm or so. im thinking im going to buy a
 none stepper motor carb. (has a stepper on it now) going to get rid of
 ALL vacume/electronic crap off of it. none of the gauges work. HAD the 3
 gauges/w clock on the nonexisting center console. gauges are there, but
 not one gauge works. i know it has oil pressure as oil is just gushing
 out from under the valve cover on the intake side. now i know what
 everyone is talking about with the stupid plastic valve cover. whats the
 fix for that? now to just make it idle, and start fixing all the crap
 thats bad with it now that i know it will run.

dave stohler
www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules

nd of AMC-list Digest, Vol 18, Issue 36