Re: [AMC-list] Turbulance & Fuel economy

Re: [AMC-list] Turbulance & Fuel economy

" From: scramblr@xxxxxxxxxxx
"
"
" One of the mags (maybe Motor trend?) did a test on this quite a few
" years ago. They took a Pinto and tried several different mods to see
" which affected fuel economy the most. The winner (by a large amount)
" was,,, a front end air dam!!
"   It has to be big and damn near scrapr the ground but if I remember
" right it boosted mileage by something like 20%!!!!

i've always thought a truck mudflap could be worked into a very
effective, if un-beautiful, airdam.  it can scrape the ground and no
harm done; it can fold up and over speedbumps etc.  it wouldn't
materially affect ground clearance.