Re: [AMC-list] AMC Crusher Alert Ed Hooper Collection 64-65 Rambler Amer

Re: [AMC-list] AMC Crusher Alert Ed Hooper Collection 64-65 Rambler American

Yeah, there is a tractor site that does that too.

I can think of a dozen things to do with the Americans...
I can also remember the last sight unseen car I bought!

One has to wonder whit all the traffic in and out of there why those particular cars got left behind. That 66 hardtop is one sweet car and the wagon and 65 look equally worthy.

I have thought about it enough to remember that I HAVE an American...Put 30 miles on it today, runs good, needs a new speed sensor, the used one I put in has decided to get progressively erratic. Interstate is no sweat, I just use the tach, in town is not good, college town, lots of speed traps, so I'm going to fix this soon.

  I want a second car, but have come back full circle to being sure that it needs to be a V-8 and a ragtop. I don't use these for daily drivers and a second "collector" car will only see about half my cruising. So, I got to plan things to be right this time.

   My youngest son is trying to talk me into just buying my brothers 2000 Mustang Conv, V6 5 speed, 100K, but pretty clean, only needs a few odds and ends and it runs, drives and I have the cash...He has added GT Fascias, fulll dual exhaust, Hurst shifter, GT hood scoop and stopped at that point.  I don't think i will go the route, it's tempting, but I'd still have to part out all this Ambo stuff...

  If I could find a hauler and know what the cars really, really looked like. I buy them and bring them back. Clean them out and see what was what. Possibly just sell them. You don't find those around here in any condition. All used up, mine would of likely been dead too, but the original owner lost his eyesight and refused to sell it, so his wife got her license and drove it till 87 when it was parked with 74k on it. Near as I can recall I bought it in either 92-93. Not a straight panel on the whole thing.

Ah, well, I'm not really up to other builds anyway.

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
"I realize that death is inevitable.