[AMC-list] A Steven Green Matador for sale

[AMC-list] A Steven Green Matador for sale

Ya'll remember Steve Green, he had a formidable collection of AMC vehicles, one of them was my own 77 Matador Barcelona coupe, he also had the Kansas City cave 74 AMX with 1000 miles on it and Dick Teague's last Matador built, only white/white Barcelona coupe built which had 6600 miles on it, also came up from that cave under Kansas City in 1997(?). There are conflicting accounts as to what happened to Steve and his real estate empire in Yonkers, NY; it was my my understanding he was run over coming out of bar by cabbie, while other sources he was indited for stuff. Regardless of that, here is one of the cars from his collection, he usually seemed to pick up more bread and butter AMCs but really likes low milers too. This ad appeared on my FREE AMC CLASSIFIEDS in case any of you want to place AMC ads:

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/AMC_Vendors/amc_vendors.htm

The actual ad..................

http://fredericksburg.craigslist.org/cto/1937648066.html

I have for sale a 1977 AMC Matador 4 door sedan - in INCREDIBLE condition with just 44,969 original miles. This car was a part of The Steve Green Auto Collection in North Carolina until Mr. Green passed away last year. When this one went to auction, a family member bought it for me, but I simply do not have the indoor storage space for it. The body is perfectly straight and the original paint is very good - probably needs a good rubbing, polishing, buffing, and waxing before a show. The vinyl ""Landau"" roof is in excellent condition. The original interior is excellent - the plaid fabric seats are in exceptional condition - no rips, stains, tears, etc... The engine is a 360 with a 2bbl Motorcraft carbeurator. You may see in the picturest that the original AMC factory labels are still on most components. I did have the fuel pump and thermostat replaced this year; apart from that, I see no evidence that all other parts are anything but original. I wish the car were running better right now, and I have priced it accordingly. Because I love to tinker, I decided to rebuild the carb earlier this summer, and it needs to be adjusted- I cannot seem to get the choke and mix right. If I do not sell it quickly, I'll get it to a garage and have them do it and then adjust the price and re-list the car. It made the trip from North Carolina with absolutely zero problems, cold AC, highway speeds, etc... on the day I got it. . Once I get the carb right, I have no doubt it will be all it can be again. You are welcome to come and take a look at the car and bring a mechanic if you wish. Power Steering Power Brakes Cold Air Conditioning Please ask for more information and I will keep updating this posting. If you think you are interested, please drop me a line and I'll send you more pictures, or we can set up a time for you to come see it closer. Thanks for looking! ASKING $3,000 on other sites- Will make a better deal if you tell me you saw it here on Plane Houston AMX (Thanks again, Eddie) Tom Constable constablet@xxxxxxxxx 703-864-8895